The advantages of 18650 lithium battery
- Large capacity: The capacity of 18650 rechargeable lithium batteryis generally between 1200mah and 3600mah, and the general battery capacity is only about 800mah. If combined into a 18650 lithium battery pack, the 18650 lithium battery pack can easily exceed 5000mah.
- Long service life: 18650 lithium battery has a long service life, and the cycle life can reach more than 500 times in normal use, which is more than twice that of ordinary batteries.
- High safety performance: 18650 lithium battery has high safety performance. In order to prevent battery short circuit, the positive and negative electrodes of 18650 lithium battery are separated. Therefore, the possibility of short-circuiting has been reduced to the extreme. A protection board can be added to avoid overcharging and over dischargingof the battery, which can also prolong the service life of the battery.
- High voltage:The voltage of 18650 lithium battery is generally 3.6V, 3.8V and 4.2V, which is much higher than the 1.2V voltage of nickel-cadmium and nickel-hydrogen batteries.
- No memory effect: no need to empty the remaining power before charging, easy to use.
- Small internal resistance: The internal resistance of the polymer battery is smaller than that of the general liquid battery. The internal resistance of the domestic polymer battery can even be below 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the battery and prolongs the standby time of the mobile phone. In time, it can fully reach the level in line with international standards. This polymer lithium battery that supports large discharge current is an ideal choice for remote control models andhas become the most promising product to replace nickel-metal hydride batteries.
- It can be combined in series or parallel to form 18650 lithium battery pack.
- Wide range of use: notebook computers, walkie-talkies, portable DVDs, instrumentation, audio equipment, model aircraft, toys, video cameras, digital cameras and other electronic equipment.
Disadvantages of 18650 lithium battery
The biggest disadvantage of the 18650-lithium battery is that its size has been fixed, and it is not very well positioned when installed in some notebooks or some products. Of course, this disadvantage can also be said to be an advantage, which is compared to other lithium batteries such as polymer lithium batteries. This is a disadvantage in terms of customizable and resizable. Compared with some products with specified battery specifications, it has become an advantage.
18650 lithium battery production requires protection circuits to prevent the battery from being overcharged and causing discharge. Of course, this is necessary for lithium batteries, which is also a common drawback of lithium batteries, because the materials used in lithium batteries are basically lithium cobalt oxide materials, and lithium batteries made of lithium cobalt oxide materials cannot be discharged at large currents, and their safety poor.
The production conditions of 18650 lithium batteries are high. Compared with general battery production, 18650 lithium batteries have high requirements for production conditions, which undoubtedly increases the production cost.